12 May, 2012

Busan, baby!

Busan a-go-go-go! (Corey's actual face is missing, pfft)
Last Saturday this group of 7 set off toward Busan (Haeundae Beach stop) by train (first time for me... not ever, but here in Korea). We left the Taehwagangyeok (Taehwa River Train Station) at around 11am and arrived roughly an hour later.

This would prove to be one of my most favourite trips here yet. Let's see: sunbathing, frolicking in the cool ocean (twice!), getting tipsy off a whole bottle of red wine (in my defense someone was supposed to share with me but they ended up buying their own bottle so I was like "all right, no point wasting some good red wine") on a rooftop and then inside a friend's apartment because it started raining, a whole freaking night shakin' my stuff on a mini stage at the Blue Monkey, and... oh, terrible dizzy/hunger spells the next morning. And then visiting the Busan Tower.

So, yes, sunbathing. I remember debating whether I should bring some warm clothes just in case while packing my overnight bag (RIP, ripped bag). I did eventually end up bringing my spring coat but alas, I should not have, for it was a balmy weekend. However, you never know here because so far our Spring here has been either foggy/rainy/foggy/rainy or warm day/cold night. This young woman is ready for anything, ARRR.

Er, anyway. The temperature on Saturday was something like 25C which is like... full summer temperature for my little northerner body. I was sweating buckets. I was tanning. I was pretty damn happy (except for the sweating part). So I decided to grab my swimsuit and go get changed (this young woman is ready for anything -- she thought ahead and remembered that someone very nearly threw her into the water a couple of weeks ago until she said she'd brave it if Aunt Flo wasn't in town). And then I ran. Into the water, that is. A few of the others had already gone in. Corey (who nearly threw me into the water a couple of weeks ago until... well you know the story) soon followed, and we both swam out until we couldn't touch the ground anymore (really amazing). We stayed out there quite a while, just drifting. Frankly, it wasn't that cold: you just need to keep moving. But we probably made a lot of Koreans think we were insane (Koreans typically don't like or can't swim). But it was greaaaaat. Loved it.

Had a break for lunch at a Japanese restaurant called Midarae where a few of us had sushi. Umm. Apparently this is totally normal in Japan but they make their sushi with some wasabi inside already. Er. Not a fan. Please please please don't make me hate sushi. I love sushi. Anyway. Otherwise, I've had some of their tonkatsu before and it is yummy.

Headed back to the beach where the sun had started playing peekaboo with the clouds. I debated whether I should back into the water. Meanwhile, some asshole jetski riders started showing off their prowesses like the tits they were. I debated some more. Once they got far enough for a moment, I dragged Patrick in. It was a decidedly colder dip -- possibly because I wasn't actually moving as much as before when I was properly swimming while this time I was just standing shoulders in. But, no cold, so I am happy.

And then we headed to our motel rooms to shower and get dressed for our night out. I was decidedly overdressed, but no matter. Broke out the red wine on a friend's rooftop until the rain had us running back in to finish the alcohol on her floor. No, I did not get drunk, no matter what anyone else will say. I was tipsy. Tipsy. As in, tottering a bit. Yes, I knocked over a glass while heading to the bathroom, but I was not drunk. I just tend to drink alcohol pretty quickly... but I know when to stop.

Anyway. Then we headed to the Blue Monkey for a night of dancing. For me, anyway. I know Patrick and Corey were with me on stage pretty much all night, and Dana was usually on the dance floor proper, but the others pretty much stayed on the drinking side of things. Ah well, they missed out on some awesome fun! Can't wait to go back. I mean, I guess I'm an all right dancer if I hog the stage and no one's booing me off, right? ;)

Next morning I woke up to a raging migraine and a screaming belly. I had completely sobered up the night before by dancing and staying off the alcohol so I reasoned that it was probably dehydration. Nevertheless, I felt so much like shit that I couldn't even be arsed to sit up long enough to drink enough. We slept in till 10am by which time we headed off to hunt for breakfast, me hit with dizzy spells. Yet when breakfast was properly snarfed I felt good enough to go. Five of us headed off to Busan Tower to enjoy some sightseeing for once (for me, anyway) while the others begged off and headed back to Ulsan to sleep off their aching bodies. Really happy I didn't beg off.

No video clips this time as I was busy enjoying myself throughout this trip...

... as you can see. And as you can see I am starting to tan omg somebody pinch me.
All. Night. Long. Corey, Patrick and I owned that stage.

Next morning. Not feeling too great. Waiting on food to arrive. Stomach is growling. Body is all a-shakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment