19 August, 2012

To the Blue One water park we go!


As this past Wednesday (August 15th) was Liberation Day here in Korea, and therefore a national holiday, a bunch of us decided to check out Gyeongju's Blue One water park to decompress after a rough few weeks of English summer camp. In the end, however, only three of us made it (Clarissa, Corey and myself, for those who are in the know -- that would be my family). I promised myself I'd take loads of pictures, but ended up bringing my camera for nothing as I realised we wouldn't be able to hog lawn chairs and therefore I wouldn't be able to grab my camera for those awesome moments.

Regardless, we had... fun. Sort of. There aren't enough slides, the wave pool was too packed to be enjoyable, the waiting lines for the slides were atrociously long, the entrance fee is just about $70 whereas back home for a much larger water park and a bigger variety you would pay about $30, and overall it got boring after a while, because of all those factors. But we made the most of our time there, the slides themselves were cool enough, and the company was nice.

But yeah. The entrance fee is not worth it in the end. Too bad, because this is apparently one of the biggest water parks in Korea...

0 comments:

Post a Comment