03 September, 2012

A little look at Jinha Beach

Jinha Beach: lovely. Jinha village: almost desolate.
It's truly a pity that the village of Jinha isn't as developed as, say, Ilsan-dong. And, for that matter, public transportation is seriously lacking there, whereas I can hop on the 133 from Guyeong-ri and it will take me directly to Ilsan, or the 127 from my high school when I finish early. Ilsan Beach isn't quite what you're used to back home but at least they're making an effort and trying to revamp itself as a beach destination where you can sit back, relax, and have a cup of coffee with friends, go to a noraebang, or shop to your heart's content (not my forte, that last one -- nor the coffee, but I digress). On the other hand, Jinha is a sprawling stretch of a beach, was quite empty in June as opposed to Ilsan Beach which was already getting packed, or gosh forbid, Haeundae Beach in Busan which, it goes without saying, was already a ridiculous sea of parasols (!!), and has a nice little islet to discover. All right!

The lovely and yummy restaurant next to the Jinha beach where I had jjajangmyun and mandu with Zach and... I forget the other guy's name...
Joe, Zach and myself swam our way to the island in question and ended up spending quite a bit of time meeting with nature's little creatures, some of which I hope I will never meet again in this lifetime (eurgh!). But all in all, a fun time was had by all and I was properly happy at my decision to make the trip out there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment